botulinum toxins type A, dental aesthetics, gingival overgrowth, gingivoplasty, gummy smile, dentistry, periodontics
2. Bashetty K, Nadig C, Kapoor S. Electrosurgery in esthetic and restorative dentistry: A literature review and case reports. J Conserv Dent. 2009 Oct; 12(4): 139-44. doi: 10.4103/0972-0707.58332
3. Narayan S, Narayan TV, Jacob PC. Correction of gummy smile: a report of two cases. J Indian Soc Periodontol. 2011 Oct; 15(4): 421-4. doi: 10.4103/0972-124X.92585
4. Hwang WS, Hur MS, Hu KS, Song WC, Koh KS, Baik HS, Kim ST, Kim HJ, Lee KJ. Surface anatomy of the lip elevator muscles for the treatment of gummy smile using botulinum toxin. Angle Orthod. 2009 Jan; 79(1): 70-7. doi: 10.2319/091407-437.1
5. Mazzuco R, Hexsel D. Gummy smile and botulinum toxin: A new approach based on the gingival exposure area. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010 Dec; 63(6): 1042-51. doi: 10.1016/j.jaad.2010.02.053
6. Polo M. Botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of excessive gingival display. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2005 Feb; 127(2): 214-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ajodo.2004.09.013
7. Mangano A, Mangano A. Current strategies in the treatment of gummy smile using botulinum toxin type A. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 Jun; 129(6): 1015e. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e31824f00a6
8. Indra AS, Biswas PP, Vineet VT, Yeshaswini T. Botox as an adjunct to orthognathic surgery for a case of severe vertical maxillary excess. J Maxillofac Oral Surg. 2011 Sep; 10(3): 266-70. doi: 10.1007/s12663-011-0178-0
9. Jaspers GWC, Pijpe J, Jansma J. The use of botulinum toxin type A in cosmetic facial procedures. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011 Feb; 40(2): 127-33. doi: 10.1016/j.ijom.2010.09.014
10. Sucupira E, Abramovitz A. A simplified method for smile enhancement: botulinum toxin injection for gummy smile. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012 Sep; 130(3): 726-8. doi: 10.1097/PRS.0b013e31825dc32f
11. Niamtu J 3rd. Botox injections for gummy smiles. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2008 Jun; 133(6): 782-3. doi: 10.1016/j.ajodo.2008.04.007
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This journal is registered under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License. Thus, this work may be reproduced, distributed, and publicly shared in digital format, as long as the names of the authors and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana are acknowledged. Others are allowed to quote, adapt, transform, auto-archive, republish, and create based on this material, for any purpose (even commercial ones), provided the authorship is duly acknowledged, a link to the original work is provided, and it is specified if changes have been made. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana does not hold the rights of published works and the authors are solely responsible for the contents of their works; they keep the moral, intellectual, privacy, and publicity rights.
Approving the intervention of the work (review, copy-editing, translation, layout) and the following outreach, are granted through an use license and not through an assignment of rights. This means the journal and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana cannot be held responsible for any ethical malpractice by the authors. As a consequence of the protection granted by the use license, the journal is not required to publish recantations or modify information already published, unless the errata stems from the editorial management process. Publishing contents in this journal does not generate royalties for contributors.