2. Fuks AB. Current concepts in vital primary pulp therapy. Eur Arch Paediat Dent. 2002; 3(3): 115-20.
3. American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Guideline on pulp therapy for primary and immature permanent teeth. Pediatr Dent. 2014; 36(6): 242-50.
4. Ounsi HF, Debaybo D, Salameh Z, Chebaro A, Bassam H. Endodontic considerations in paediatric dentistry: A clinical perspective. Intern Dent. 2009; 11(2): 40-50.
5. Nyborg H. Healing process in the dental pulp on capping: a morphological study - experiments on surgical lesions of the pulp in dog and man. Acta Odontol Scand. 1955; 13 (Suppl 16): 1-130.
6. Yamamura T. Differentiation of pulpal cells and inductive influences of various materials with reference to pulpal wound healing. J Dent Res. 1985; 64: 530-40.
7. Fuks AB. Pulpotomy in primary teeth. Eur Arch Paediat Dent. 2006; 7(3):124.
8. Fitzegerald M, Ghiego JD, Heis R. Autoradiographic analysis of odontoblasts replacement following pulp exposures in primate teeth. Arch Oral Biol. 1991; 35(9): 707-15.
9. Mjör IA, Dah E, Cox CF. Healing of pulp exposures: an ultrastructural study. J Oral Pathol Med. 1991; 20: 496-501.
10. Zhang W, Yelick PC. Vital Pulp therapy—current progress of dental pulp regeneration and revascularization. Inter J Dent. 2010; 2010: 856087.
11. Ranly DM, Garcia-Godoy F. Current and potential pulp therapies for primary and young permanent teeth. J Dent. 2000; 28(3): 153-61.
12. Klinge RF. A microradiographic and electron microscopic study of tertiary dentin in human deciduous teeth. Acta Odontol Scand. 1999; 57(2): 87-92.
13. Tziafas D, Belibasakis G, Veis A, Papadimitriou S. Dentin regeneration in vital pulp therapy: design principles. Adv Dent Res. 2001; 15: 96-100.
14. Ferracane JL, Cooper PR, Smith AJ. Can interaction of materials with the dentin-pulp complex contribute to dentin regeneration? Odontology. 2010; 98(1): 2-14.
15. Smith AJ, Lumley PJ, Tomson PL, Cooper PR. Dental regeneration and materials: a partnership. Clin Oral Invest. 2008; 12(2): 103-8.
16. Tomson PL, Grover LM, Lumley PJ, Sloan AJ, Smith AJ, Cooper PR. Dissolution of bio-active dentine matrix components by mineral trioxide aggregate. J Dent. 2007; 35(8): 636-42.
17. Caicedo R, Abbott PV, Alongi DJ, Alarcon MY. Clinical, radiographic and histological analysis of the effects of mineral trioxide aggregate used in direct pulp capping and pulpotomies of primary teeth. Austr Dent J. 2006; 51(4): 297-305.
18. Rajasekharan S, Martens LC, Cauwels RG, Verbeeck RM. Biodentine material characteristics and clinical applications: a review of the literature. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2014; 15(3): 147-58.
19. Bergenholtz G. Advances since the paper by Zander and Glass (1949) on the pursuit of healing methods for pulpal exposures: historical perspectives. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2005; 100(2 Suppl): S102-8.
20. Tabarsi B, Parirokh M, Eghbal MJ, Haghdoost AA, Torabzadeh H, Asgary S. A comparative study of dental pulp response to several pulpotomy agents. Int Endod J. 2010; 43(7): 565-71.
21. Shayegan A, Jurysta C, Atash R, Petein M, Abbeele AV. Biodentine used as a pulp-capping agent in primary pig teeth. Pediatr Dent. 2012; 34(7): e202-8.
22. Shayegan A, Petein M, Vanden Abbeele A. The use of beta-tricalcium phosphate, white MTA, white Portland cement and calcium hydroxide for direct pulp capping of primary pig teeth. Dent Traumatol. 2009; 25(4): 413-9.
23. Accorinte ML, Loguercio AD, Reis A, Bauer JR, Grande RH, Murata SS, Souza V, Holland R. Evaluation of two mineral trioxide aggregate compounds as pulp-capping agents in human teeth. Int Endod J. 2009; 42(2): 122-8.
24. Moretti AB, Sakai VT, Oliveira TM, Fornetti AP, Santos CF, Machado MA, Abdo RC. The effectiveness of mineral trioxide aggregate, calcium hydroxide and formocresol for pulpotomies in primary teeth. Int Endod J. 2008; 41(7): 547-55.
25. Holan G, Eidelman E, Fuks AB. Long-term evaluation of pulpotomy in primary molars using mineral trioxide aggregate or formocresol. Pediatr Dent. 2005; 27(2): 129-36.
26. Zanini M, Sautier JM, Berdal A, Simon S. Biodentine induces immortalized murine pulp cell differentiation into odontoblast-like cells and stimulates biomineralization. J Endod. 2012; 38(9): 1220-6.
27. Raskin A, Eschrich G, Dejou J, About I. In vitro microleakage of Biodentine as a dentin substitute compared to Fuji II LC in cervical lining restorations. J Adhes Dent. 2012; 14(6): 535-42.
28. Malkondu O, Karapinar Kazandag M, Kazazoglu E. A review on biodentine, a contemporary dentine replacement and repair material. BioMed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 160951.
29. Bachoo IK, Seymour D, Brunton P. A biocompatible and bioactive replacement for dentine: is this a reality? The properties and uses of a novel calcium-based cement. Br Dent J. 2013; 214(2): E5.
30. Camilleri J. Investigation of Biodentine as dentine replacement material. J Dent. 2013; 41(7): 600-10.
31. Laurent P, Camps J, About I. Biodentine(TM) induces TGF-beta1 release from human pulp cells and early dental pulp mineralization. Int Endod J. 2012; 45(5): 439-48.
32. Koubi G, Colon P, Franquin JC, Hartmann A, Richard G, Faure MO, Lambert G. Clinical evaluation of the performance and safety of a new dentine substitute, Biodentine, in the restoration of posterior teeth - a prospective study. Clin Oral Inv. 2013; 17(1): 243-9.
33. Alsubait SA, Hashem Q, AlHargan N, AlMohimeed K, Alkahtani A. Comparative evaluation of push-out bond strength of ProRoot MTA, bioaggregate and biodentine. J Contemp Dent Prac. 2014; 15(3): 336-40.
34. Holland R, de Souza V, Nery MJ, Otoboni Filho JA, Bernabe PF, Dezan Junior E. Reaction of rat connective tissue to implanted dentin tubes filled with mineral trioxide aggregate or calcium hydroxide. J Endod. 1999; 25(3): 161-6.
35. Estrela C, Estrada-Bernabe PF, de Almeida-Decurcio D, Almeida-Silva J, Rodrigues-Araujo-Estrela C, Poli-Figueiredo JA. Microbial leakage of MTA, Portland cement, Sealapex and zinc oxide-eugenol as root-end filling materials. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2011; 16(3): e418-24.
36. Bhavana V, Chaitanya KP, Gandi P, Patil J, Dola B, Reddy RB. Evaluation of antibacterial and antifungal activity of new calcium-based cement (Biodentine) compared to MTA and glass ionomer cement. J Conser Dent. 2015; 18(1): 44-6.
37. Ding SJ, Kao CT, Shie MY, Hung C, Jr., Huang TH. The physical and cytological properties of white MTA mixed with Na2HPO4 as an accelerant. J Endod. 2008; 34(6): 748-51.
38. Bachoo IK, Seymour D, Brunton P. Clinical case reports using a novel calcium-based cement. Br Dent J. 2013; 214(2): 61-4.
39. Koubi S TH, Aboudharam G, Victor JL, Koubi G. A clinical study of a new Ca3SIO5-based material for direct posterior fillings. Eur Cells and Mat. 2007; 13(Suppl.1): 18.
40. Luo Z, Li D, Kohli MR, Yu Q, Kim S, He WX. Effect of BIodentine on the proliferation, migration and adhesion of human dental pulp stem cells. J Dent. 2014; 42(4): 490-7.
41. Tran XV, Gorin C, Willig C, Baroukh B, Pellat B, Decup F, Opsahl Vital S, Chaussain C, Boukpessi T. Effect of a calcium-silicate-based restorative cement on pulp repair. J Dent Res. 2012; 91(12): 1166-71.
42. Kusum B, Rakesh K, Richa K. Clinical and radiographical evaluation of mineral trioxide aggregate, biodentine and propolis as pulpotomy medicaments in primary teeth. Rest Dent Endod. 2015; 40(4): 276-85.
43. Goupy L. Biodentine™ a novel substitute for use in conservative paediatric dentistry. Septodont. 2012 Mar; (1): 10-6.
44. Villat C, Grosgogeat B, Seux D, Farge P. Conservative approach of a symptomatic carious immature permanent tooth using a tricalcium silicate cement (Biodentine): a case report. Res Dent Endod. 2013; 38(4): 258-62.
45. Borkar SA, Ataide I. Biodentine pulpotomy several days after pulp exposure: Four case reports. J Conser Dent. 2015; 18(1): 73-8.
46. Sushynski JM, Zealand CM, Botero TM, Boynton JR, Majewski RF, Shelburne CE, Hu HC Comparison of gray mineral trioxide aggregate and diluted formocresol in pulpotomized primary molars: a 6- to 24-month observation. Pediatr Dent. 2012; 34(5): 120-8.
47. Priyalakshmi S, Ranjan M. Review on Biodentine-A Bioactive Dentin Substitute. J Dent Med Sci. 2014; 13(1): 51-7.
48. Allazzam SM, Alamoudi. Adb El O, Meligy SE. Clinical aplications of biodentine in pediatric dentistry: a review of literature. Oral Hyg Health. 2015;3(3): 1-6.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This journal is registered under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License. Thus, this work may be reproduced, distributed, and publicly shared in digital format, as long as the names of the authors and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana are acknowledged. Others are allowed to quote, adapt, transform, auto-archive, republish, and create based on this material, for any purpose (even commercial ones), provided the authorship is duly acknowledged, a link to the original work is provided, and it is specified if changes have been made. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana does not hold the rights of published works and the authors are solely responsible for the contents of their works; they keep the moral, intellectual, privacy, and publicity rights.
Approving the intervention of the work (review, copy-editing, translation, layout) and the following outreach, are granted through an use license and not through an assignment of rights. This means the journal and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana cannot be held responsible for any ethical malpractice by the authors. As a consequence of the protection granted by the use license, the journal is not required to publish recantations or modify information already published, unless the errata stems from the editorial management process. Publishing contents in this journal does not generate royalties for contributors.