2. Kirshenblatt S, Kulkarni GV. Complications of surgical extraction of ankylosed primary teeth and distal shoe space maintainers. J Dent Child. 2011; 78: 57-61.
3. Laing E, Ashley P, Naini FB, Gil D. Space maintenance. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2009; 19: 155-62.
4. Lin YT, Lin WH, Lin YT. Immediate and six-month space changes after premature loss of a primary maxillary first molar. J Am Dent Assoc. 2007; 138: 362-8.
5. Kupietzky A. Clinical technique: removable appliance therapy for space maintenance following early loss of primary molars. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2007; 8(Suppl 1): 30-4.
6. Subramaniam P, Babu GK, Sunny R. Glass fiber-reinforced composite resin as a space maintainer: A clinical study. J Indian Soc Pedod Prevent Dent. 2008; (Suppl 1): 98-103.
7. Gujjar KR, Indushekar KR, Amith HV, Sharma SL. Modified distal shoe appliance-fabrication and clinical performance. J Dent Child. 2012; 79(3): 185-8.
8. American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Clinical Affairs Committee-Developing Dentition Subcommittee, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Council of Clinical Affairs. Guideline on management of the developing dentition and occlusion in pediatric dentistry. Pediatr Dent. 2008-2009; 30(7 Suppl): 184-95.
9. Millett DT, Glenny AM, Mattick CR, Hickman J, Mandall NA. Adhesives for fixed orthodontic bands. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007 Apr 18; CD004485.
10. Fathian M, Kennedy DB, Nouri MR. Laboratory-made space maintainers: a 7-year retrospective study from private pediatric dental practice. Pediatr Dent. 2007; 29: 500-6.
11. Nouri MR, Kennedy DB. Optimal fit of chairside-fabricated distal shoe space maintainer. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2013; 14(5): 351-4.
12. Reyes A, Chan M, Ulate J. Prótesis infantil modificada: Reporte de un caso. Odontología Vital. 2010; 1(12): 12-8.
13. Patil VH, Trasad V, Hugar SM. Distal shoe: a review of literature. Int J Sci Res. 2015; 4(6): 2803-6.
14. Aristizábal C, Chemás L, Arango A. Frecuencia de la perdida de espacio por exodoncia de molares temporales, en la Unidad Materno-Infantil de la Policía Nacional. Univ Odontol. 2003; 23(51): 13-7.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This journal is registered under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License. Thus, this work may be reproduced, distributed, and publicly shared in digital format, as long as the names of the authors and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana are acknowledged. Others are allowed to quote, adapt, transform, auto-archive, republish, and create based on this material, for any purpose (even commercial ones), provided the authorship is duly acknowledged, a link to the original work is provided, and it is specified if changes have been made. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana does not hold the rights of published works and the authors are solely responsible for the contents of their works; they keep the moral, intellectual, privacy, and publicity rights.
Approving the intervention of the work (review, copy-editing, translation, layout) and the following outreach, are granted through an use license and not through an assignment of rights. This means the journal and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana cannot be held responsible for any ethical malpractice by the authors. As a consequence of the protection granted by the use license, the journal is not required to publish recantations or modify information already published, unless the errata stems from the editorial management process. Publishing contents in this journal does not generate royalties for contributors.