2. Todd P, Whitney S, Walker S, Friedman S. Microbial contamination of endodontic files received from the manufacturer. J Endod. 2006; 32(7): 649-51.
3. Linsuwanont P, Parashos P, Messer H. Cleaning of rotary nickel-titanium endodontic instruments. Int Endod J. 2001; 37: 19-28.
4. Johnson M, Primack P, Loushine R, Craft D. Cleaning of endodontic files, part I: the effect of bioburden on the sterilization of endodontic files. J Endod. 1997; 23(1): 32-4.
5. Parashos P, Linsuwanont P, Messer HH. A cleaning protocol for rotary nickel-titanium endodontic instruments. Aust Dent J. 2004; 49(1): 20-7.
6. Aasim S, Mellor A. The effect of pre-soaking and time in the ultrasonic cleaner on the cleanliness of sterilized endodontic files. Int Endod J. 2006; 39: 143-9.
7. Dentsply India. Products. Weybridge, UK: Dentsply IH Ltd.; 2014. Consultado: marzo 2014. Disponible en línea en: http://dentsply.co.in/catalog/wave%E2%80%A2one%E2%84%A2-file.
8. Berutti E, Chiandussi G, Paolino D. Canal shaping with WaveOne primary reciprocating files and Protaper system: a comparative study. J Endod. 2012, 38(4): 505-9.
9. Wave One- Endodoncia- Sistema reciprocante de lima única. Dental Tv Web; 2010. Consultado: marzo 2014. Disponible en línea en: http://www.dentaltvweb.com/producto/wave-one-endodoncia-sistema-reciprocante-de-lima-unica.
10. Berutti E. Root Canal Anatomy preservation of WaveOne reciprocating files with or without glide path. J Endod. 2012; 38(1): 101-4.
11. Berutti E, Chiandussi G. Effect of canal length and curvature on working length alteration with WaveOne reciprocating files. J Endod. 2011; 37(12): 1687-90.
12. The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention. USP 35-NF 30. United States Pharmacopeial and the National Formulary. 2012. Disponible en línea en: http://www.usp.org/.
13. Parirok H, Asgary S, Eghbal MJ. An energy dispersive X-ray analysis and SEM study of debris remaining on endodontic instruments after ultrasonic cleaning and autoclave sterilization. Aust Dent J. 2005; 31(2): 53-8.
14. Smith A, Lettersa S, Langeb A, Perrettc D, McHugha S, Bagga J. Residual protein levels on reprocessed dental instruments. J Hosp Infect. 2005; 61: 237-41.
15. Sonntag D, Ove A. Effect of prion decontamination protocols on nickel-titanium rotary surfaces. J Endod. 2007; 33(4): 442-6.
16. Venkatasubramanian R, Jayanthi, Das U, Bhatnagar S. Comparison of the effectiveness of sterilizing endodontic files by 4 different methods: An in vitro study. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2010; 28(1): 2-5.
17. Van Eldik D, Zilm PS, Rogers AH, Marin PD. A SEM evaluation of debris removal from endodontic files after cleaning and steam sterilization procedures. Aust Dent J. 2004; 49(3): 128-35.
18. Bourvis N, Boelle P, Cesbron J, Valleron A. Risk assessment of transmission of sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in endodontic practice in absence of adequate prion inactivation. PLoS ONE. 2007; 12: 13-30.
19. Lemmer K, Mielke K, Georg P, Beekes M. Decontamination of surgical instruments from prion proteins: in vitro studies on the detachment, destabilization and degradation of PrPSc bound to steel surfaces. J Gen Virol. 2004; 85: 3805-16.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This journal is registered under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License. Thus, this work may be reproduced, distributed, and publicly shared in digital format, as long as the names of the authors and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana are acknowledged. Others are allowed to quote, adapt, transform, auto-archive, republish, and create based on this material, for any purpose (even commercial ones), provided the authorship is duly acknowledged, a link to the original work is provided, and it is specified if changes have been made. Pontificia Universidad Javeriana does not hold the rights of published works and the authors are solely responsible for the contents of their works; they keep the moral, intellectual, privacy, and publicity rights.
Approving the intervention of the work (review, copy-editing, translation, layout) and the following outreach, are granted through an use license and not through an assignment of rights. This means the journal and Pontificia Universidad Javeriana cannot be held responsible for any ethical malpractice by the authors. As a consequence of the protection granted by the use license, the journal is not required to publish recantations or modify information already published, unless the errata stems from the editorial management process. Publishing contents in this journal does not generate royalties for contributors.